Monday, March 7, 2011

Bubble, Bubble, POP!

Materials:

dark blue, light blue and white foam sheets
circle pattern (cup will do)
bubbles

My mom (who has been a preschool teacher for over 19 years) gave me this fun idea. We cut our circle (the shape we working on) out of the foam sheets and put them into a tub full of bubbles. The foam when wet will stick to the sides of the bath tub. Colton had fun with the foam bubbles for weeks before we had to throw them away.

A fun song to go along with this activity is:

I Had A Little Turtle 
(sung to I Had a Little Drydle repeated twice)

I had a little turtle his name was Tiny Tim (cup your hands together as if you are holding a turtle)
I put him in the bath tub to see if he could swim (pretend to swim)
He drank up all the water (pretend to drink), he ate up all soap (pretend to eat)
Now my little turtle has bubble in has throat
Bubble, bubble, bubble (in a really deep voice) (Repeat 4x singing in a higher pitch each set.)
POP! (clap) 

No comments:

Post a Comment