Thursday, March 24, 2011

C is for Cat

Materials:

C is for Cat Printable, printed
Sleeping Cat Printable, printed on color paper
(you will need both templates)
crayons
scissors
glue
white board with marker and eraser
Cookies Week by: Cindy Ward and Tomie dePaola  (or any book on cats) 

School started with a fun activity with our white board. I wrote the recent letters we have been working on along with words that started with the letters, and had Colton find the letter or word on the board. When he found the letter or word he had to say the letter and it's sound then he got to erase it. Colton had so much fun that he asked me to play it again. 

Next I talked about the letter "C" and had him help me come up with words that started with C. I made an special effect to point out that his name starts with C. Colton then colored the C is for Cat print out. 

We then read the book Cookies Week by: Cindy Ward and Tomie dePaola. This book is a great book for the little ones to learn about cats. 


I found a sleeping cat template from First School that turned out to be a fun craft activity. Since there were many different shapes involved in this craft I used this activity as a review from our shape unit. 

                                                                                                paper plate cat craft 

I found this cute cat craft project from Danielle Place that I wanted to make today in school but I didn't have the paper plates that were required. I still wanted to share the idea since it is so adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment