Monday, April 4, 2011

A is for Airplane

This week is transportation week. I have been looking forward to this week for months now. There are so many cute ideas I have found on the internet. I can't wait to show you all I have found. 

I first taught Colton the letter A, and talked about how airplanes starts with A. I also asked him questions like:
* What Flies in the sky? (birds, airplanes, helicopters, hot air balloons, etc.)
*Who drives the airplane? (pilot)
*Where do you go to get onto a airplane? (airport)


After our short lesson on the letter A and Airplanes I gave Colton water colors and let him paint an A is for Airplane worksheet.


While his was painting I read him the book "The Noisy Airplane Ride" by: Mike Downs. This is a cute book that teaches all about how airplanes work and all their sounds. 

I found this cute Wooden Airplane Picture idea from Bright Hub that I knew Colton would love it, which he did. 

I also found a fun song at the website Bright Hub about airplanes. Teach the children to sing this song while "flying" their airplanes. The tune is "I'm a Little Teapot."

I'm a little airplane, I can fly,
Here is my throttle, give me a try.
When I get all revved up, then I fly,
Off the runway and up to the sky.

I have prepared some fun transportation games (click on the word games to be taken to website to print them too) from Home School Creations for Colton to play with this week. Today he played the matching game. 


To finish off our fun day learning about airplanes we are going on a field trip to the airport so see airplanes when daddy gets home from work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment